Simultaneous multipoint confocal imaging offers significant advantages both in terms of speed and reduced phototoxicity over conventional point scanning systems. The V2 X-Light Spinning Disk from Crest Optics is a powerful, affordable and flexible system which allows researchers to optimise experiments based on their biological questions.
Interchangeable pinhole patterns are available for different magnification and Numerical Aperture objectives, and to allow optimal tradeoff between intensity and confocality. The system can be used with affordable LED based illuminators or with our MultiLine LaserBanks for low-light applications.
Although we are happy to supply the X-Light unit as a standalone component, we would more usually help to integrate it with a new or existing inverted or upright microscope to form a powerful confocal and widefield imaging system.
The simple modular design, large field of view, and choice of disk patterns makes it compatible with all commercial EMCCD and sCMOS cameras and with a wide range of microscopes, illuminators, and software packages. It is a surprisingly inexpensive upgrade to an existing widefield microscope; please ask us for details.
Want to learn more...
- Cardio and neuro sciences
- Calcium imaging
- Developmental biology
- Yeast and bacteria studies
- Cancer research
- Plant biology
- Single molecule imaging
- Choice of double and single hole patterns for different magnification / camera sensor size
- Fast automated switching between confocal and widefield acquisition modes
- CCD/sCMOS Field of View:
- 12mm x 12mm FOV in double pattern configuration (each pattern)
- Up to 22mm FOV in single pattern configuration
- Pattern Configuration:
- CrestOptics Proprietary Disk Pattern Design for high confocal resolution, improved Out of Focus rejection and higher S/N
- confocal resolution with 60x NA 1.4 oil immersion Objective:<800nm
- 40 – 70 micron pinholes / spirals
- 30mm diameter achromatic custom relay lenses for precise multicolour imaging
- Fast spinning disk, up to 15.000 RPM disk rotation speed
- Excitation Gimbal mount for easy alignment on standard and custom microscopes
- Manual excitation filter wheel for clean up
- Motorised five position dichroic five wheel
- Motorised eight position emission filter wheel
- Plug in (interchangeable) disk heads
- Adapter for multimode laser or LED SMA-905 fibre excitation