Optical feedback response time now down to 5 microseconds
Independent analysis and internet blog
The range of wavelengths available from ultra-bright LEDs covers the absorbance peaks of most fluorescence indicators and Optogenetic tools. The table below shows the standard range, however we can also source more specialist devices on request.
Depending on the combination of wavelengths required we can combine two or more devices using dichroic mirrors. Please contact Cairn for recommendations on the best LEDs and filters for your experiments.
LED Head Upgrade
With LED technology constantly improving we would like to remind existing customers that we are able to upgrade your current LED heads for a small charge of £100.
The way in which our LED heads are designed means they are readily interchangeable so if returned to us we can upgrade in a very short period of time.
1) Astrocyte mediated neuronal synchronisation properties revealed by false gliotransmitter release – Read Here
2) A novel SYN1 missense mutation in non-syndromic X-linked intellectual disability affects synaptic vesicle life cycle, clustering and mobility – Read Here
3) Global Representations of Goal-Directed Behavior in Distinct Cell Types of Mouse Neocortex – Read Here
4) Non-invasive phenotyping and drug testing in single cardiomyocytes or beta-cells by calcium imaging and optogenetics – Read Here
5) A sweet taste receptor-dependent mechanism of glucosensing in hypothalamic tanycytes – Read Here
6) Control of Amygdala Circuits by 5-HT Neurons via 5-HT and Glutamate Cotransmission – Read Here